MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Emailing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For some odd reason my emails still aren't being sent out.
I have switched over to a paid host and they have PHP mail enabled.
I tested out the PHP mail () function and it said "PHP successfully sent out mail", and I recieved it after about 5 mins.

However, whenever I send mail from my board it says "mail was sent", but the messages never show up.

I spoke with my host about this matter, and he said it's an issue on your end.
I'm not certain what's causing it, but can someone please help me with this?

Here's the url and test account:

http://www.tloag.com

Username: Test
Password: tester

Just click the "Contact Us" button at the footer of the board, and send me a test email.
You should probably change the email it will be sent from because I'm not certain if you can send mail to your own account with your own account.

Thank you for any help given.

If there is a thread on this already, I apologize for missing it.
Is it in your spam folder?
No.
I checked everywhere for the messages.
The messages say sent, but they really aren't being sent out.

I tested PHP mail and it said "Mail was sent using PHP mail".
So I have no clue what's wrong.
If it says the PHP mail was sent successfully then the problem is at the receivers end, probably a filter or firewall blocking it. What type of address are you receiving the email to? Hotmail? Gmail? Ask someone using a different email account to try.

Also try using SMTP as opposed to PHP mail.
I'm using an AOL mail account.
The PHP mail function sent the message to me.
But through my board messages aren't recieved.

I had a friend of mine test it with their Gmail account, and it wasn't sent to her either.
It said mail sent successfully, but wasn't really sent out.
Can you go ACP > Tools & Maintenance > System mail logs and see what it says there.
Yeah, I had already checked those.
They show a history of the mail that was sent, but none of them were ever recieved.
Well then the problem is at the receivers end, clearly there is some spam filter or firewall which is falsely filtering your board emails. There really isn't much we can do. Possibly if you post the email header we can see if your hosting is adding anything which might cause the spam filters to trip.

Also, did you try SMTP like I said?
I'm having the same issue. I posted about it the other day: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-67167.html

This is a board that I manage for someone.
I know it's not anything my ISP is blocking from this board because I use the same hosting company for my sites and I've not had an issue sending or receiving mail.
(2010-04-03, 09:36 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]Well then the problem is at the receivers end, clearly there is some spam filter or firewall which is falsely filtering your board emails. There really isn't much we can do. Possibly if you post the email header we can see if your hosting is adding anything which might cause the spam filters to trip.

Also, did you try SMTP like I said?

Well, I have also tried SMTP as well.
But the results are the same.

I will try to post the email header for you though.
Pages: 1 2