MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright so this is sorta confusing but...

I am the one of the admins of www.technicforums.com and my problem is I keep on having spamming trouble.
But recently this is sorta tricky.

Someone created the same user name as me "WMM" some how. Which prevented me from using the plugin that deletes all members post made by labrocca.
So this is confusing on registration aren't user required to have a different the name of a username that is already taken.

Any help is appreciated!
You can't register a name again unless you've edited code. Look in the database, edit the row for this user, is there anything before or after the WMM in the username box?? Space or something??
IDK but if it happens again I will check for now I deleted the user.
Also,
Do you know of a plugin that prohibits so many characters used more then so many times.
Like if someone said hi so many times prohibits the characters "h" and "i" so they can't be used more then like 20 times?
(2010-04-02, 07:47 PM)windowsmediaman Wrote: [ -> ]IDK but if it happens again I will check for now I deleted the user.
Also,
Do you know of a plugin that prohibits so many characters used more then so many times.
Like if someone said hi so many times prohibits the characters "h" and "i" so they can't be used more then like 20 times?

If you did something like that, it could cause problems fairly quikly. After all, individual letters are used in many different places throughout messages. In the case of longer writing, this plugin would prohibit legitimet content, I think. (22 occurrences + 16 quoted)
I see, but there has to be some way to prevent spam.
Can you link us to the profile of the user who is pretending to be you, they have most likely used a character which looks like W, M or H but is in fact 'different'. If you directly copy the users username the post pruning plugin should work fine, otherwise you could just do a search for their posts and tick the box to select all posts and delete them with inline moderation.

If you wish to reduce spam give the Akismet plugin a try and also see if their details are listed in the http://www.stopforumspam.com/ database, if they are then my plugin might be useful http://mods.mybboard.net/view/stopforums...m-for-mybb