MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: International Webmasters Day - 10th May
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2010-04-03, 05:01 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Broken for me as a guest.

Got any ideas why?

(2010-04-03, 05:05 PM)Alicksis Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe with your idea of International Webmaster Day, you should setup a totally new non bias site with a relevant domain name, also I'd plan for it to be done later in the year so you can try and get load of support and sponsors.

I was thinking about that, but why does it matter if the site is bias? Wouldn't it be good for a coding and web related site to host it?
(2010-04-03, 05:23 PM)tommykent1210 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-03, 05:01 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Broken for me as a guest.

Got any ideas why?

(2010-04-03, 05:05 PM)Alicksis Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe with your idea of International Webmaster Day, you should setup a totally new non bias site with a relevant domain name, also I'd plan for it to be done later in the year so you can try and get load of support and sponsors.

I was thinking about that, but why does it matter if the site is bias? Wouldn't it be good for a coding and web related site to host it?

Because it currently looks like black hat advertising, you don't really have a big enough audience either, making a new site will cause different looks, just an opinion goodluck anyway!
(2010-04-03, 07:26 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]It appears the CSS for your forum isn't working/there...

Its definitely not because of the theme. In fact, I heard the guy who made that theme is a really cool bro...
Yh, i know, the theme is pretty awesome. I just dont know what is causing it. It loads fine for me every time, even when ctrl + F5 the page Confused
Just want to let you know that people won't join and be active on a site where only a few posts were made this year.
You made one post this year on your forums, you can't expect people to do more than that.
If you want people to be active you're the first user that must be active.
Just my two cents and the forums displays fine for me
(2010-04-03, 12:40 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]@ repliers: If you don't have any positive things to post, then don't post.

Have we lost freedom of speech...We're only allowed to put positive responses?...what is this north korea.

I agree, that would really be best.

(2010-04-03, 11:30 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Just want to let you know that people won't join and be active on a site where only a few posts were made this year.
You made one post this year on your forums, you can't expect people to do more than that.
If you want people to be active you're the first user that must be active.
Just my two cents and the forums displays fine for me

Yea, if you want your forum to be active you gotta be the biggest poster. <-- off topic xP

(2010-04-04, 12:07 AM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-03, 12:40 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]@ repliers: If you don't have any positive things to post, then don't post.

Have we lost freedom of speech...We're only allowed to put positive responses?...what is this north korea.

No, you can post anything you want. But, the thing is he didn't ask for comments he just wanted to share the fact that he is trying to make to make IWD

If you do make a new domain for IWD I'd like to help.
(2010-04-04, 12:07 AM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]

Its private property. He can do that Toungue

Regardless, try a backup and put it on another server. I think i had this issue on 000WH too.
ok, thanks for all your comments, I'm creating a new site now. Just need to get a rounded table sorted out and then it'll be done. Anyone got any ideas for colours. I really didnt plan this as advertising. Just my forum is the site I get most visitors - with it being the site in my mybb plugins info.
OFFTOPIC: the thread icon says I have posted here, which I did, but my post got deleted, and it still says I posted here. Should I post this in the bugtracker? Because it's not really a specific bug. Perhaps the forums are already running 1.4.12?

Happens both in "View new posts" and "View today's posts".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6