MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google couldn't care less about keywords!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I created this thread because every other day someone asked for meta keywords and how to integrate them into website or MyBB.

Google isn't interested in meta keywords!

Stop spending time into finding a plugin or whatever to integrate keywords automatically! Just read this entry on official Google blog: Google does not use the keywords meta tag in web ranking

You need more evidences?

In future I will just link to this thread if I will find a question about keywords... Feel free to follow suit. Wink

[url=http://community.mybboard.net/thread-67266.html]Google isn't interested in meta keywords[/url]

PS: Don't mix up meta keywords and keywords in anchor text from external links. The second named keywords are still important (very important...).
Thanks, you saved me some time on writing meta keywords, and of course, a few bytes in the document. Always nice to know what really matters.
So? They're easy to make and many search engines do. By the way, this doesn't seem to be the case for me...

http://www.google.com/search?q=lastcode.net
Some search sites still use them though and those are still used by users. Until 100% of people use Google, adding keywords (which is hardly painful) will be something I'll continue to do!
If Yahoo and Bing don't, that's a good enough percentage of the search engine market, anyway.
(2010-04-03, 04:21 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]If Yahoo and Bing don't, that's a good enough percentage of the search engine market, anyway.

Agreed. Most people use google. If they don't,then Yahoo.

No one cares about other search engines anyway
(2010-04-03, 04:56 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]No one cares about other search engines anyway

In China top search engine is Baidu.
In Russia top search engine is Yandex.
(2010-04-03, 05:34 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-03, 04:56 PM)Nayar Wrote: [ -> ]No one cares about other search engines anyway

Do they still use Mata keywords?
(2010-04-03, 05:34 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]

Oh.Never heard of these. Thats totally new news for me.

Well, i guess webmasters should make a survey of what search engine people use in that particular country. Then he should decide whether to use metatags or not.
It's still used for meta description. I had a long thread about this a year ago I think. Meta tags don't alter your rank but a good description is going to get you clicks. Clicks will improve your rank. Hence as a side effect of a good meta description you can increase your rank.
Pages: 1 2