MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Spam PM : paidtoreg.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
KuJoe, i'm sorry that you consider my PM spam.
I'm really just trying to help out, and I've barely been around this mybb forum and my own is quite new too (only a few weeks or something).
So sorry again that you've been so dearly effected by my pm that you felt the need to report it.

Sykance, can you go on msn please? Thanks.
Imho if you join a forum you should at least read the rules. >__>
Unsolicited advertisement = spam.
(2010-04-04, 01:16 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]Imho if you join a forum you should at least read the rules. >__>

Probably should have, but after joining millions of site's you kinda just get the general idea.
But I honestly didn't consider it spam when I sent it to a few people.
Something I'd consider spam is something that's completely unrelated to the person it's being sent to, but as the people I pm'ed owned MyBB boards and my service offered Mybb owners a chance to get their forum jump-started, it seems completely related to the person I pmed.
(2010-04-04, 01:16 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]Imho if you join a forum you should at least read the rules. >__>

IMO, if you're going to make comments about people needing to read the rules, you should already be aware of if something is actually directly stated in said rules or not. While PM advertising may be implied against the rules by the prohibition of spam (apparently defined by the rules as the acronym "stupid pointless annoying messages" which the PM in question did not appear to be intended as) and the prohibition of "irrelevant advertisement" (again, not how it appears to have been intended), it is not expressly stated.
(2010-04-04, 01:19 AM)paidtoreg.com Wrote: [ -> ]

Probably should have, but after joining millions of site's you kinda just get the general idea.
But I honestly didn't consider it spam when I sent it to a few people.
Something I'd consider spam is something that's completely unrelated to the person it's being sent to, but as the people I pm'ed owned MyBB boards and my service offered Mybb owners a chance to get their forum jump-started, it seems completely related to the person I pmed.
You'd be surprised. I once read a rules page that said once you joined you legally signed over your soul to satan. No this site is up anymore. For some reason it closed. (3 Guesses)

(2010-04-04, 01:20 AM)ladyunicornejg Wrote: [ -> ]

IMO, if you're going to make comments about people needing to read the rules, you should already be aware of if something is actually directly stated in said rules or not. While PM advertising may be implied against the rules by the prohibition of spam (apparently defined by the rules as the acronym "stupid pointless annoying messages" which the PM in question did not appear to be intended as) and the prohibition of "irrelevant advertisement" (again, not how it appears to have been intended), it is not expressly stated.

First =
(2010-04-04, 01:18 AM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]Unsolicited advertisement = spam.

It says messages. If a warning/ban was to be given out it could because a pm is a private message. Also The only form of advertising allowed is inside your signature or in the Showcase forum. Any others will be deleted on sight. Inappropriate links will also be deleted on sight.
If it was to be given out, it could be because...well they have that power, don't they?

As for the definition, I know of MANY definitions of spam, including both previously mentioned. By some it would be classified as such, by others maybe not. It's not really my action to defend, though, nor do I particularly care. I just think if you're going to spout off things like "you should read the rules" you should at least know what you're talking about first.

*Shrugs* Do as you wish, though.
I still haven't got one! Sad
(2010-04-04, 01:32 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]I still haven't got one! Sad

LOL!
(2010-04-04, 01:33 AM)ladyunicornejg Wrote: [ -> ]LOL!

I feel left out tbh.
Pages: 1 2 3