MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posting Textarea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Ok, Im guessing this is the line (in newreply):
<textarea id="message" name="message" rows="13" cols="50" tabindex="2" >{$message}</textarea>

The numebr of columns USED to be "70" and rows "20", but iwhen I've changed it the display is still wrong :/ It wont actually change...
Try refreshing the page? When I changed mine and loaded the page, it displayed the old version, but when I refreshed it displayed correctly. Not really sure why.
i tried ctrl + F5 refresh, still nothing
Then you're probably not editing the template set your theme is using.
... Toungue Im pretty sure I am, Dark Fusion templates XD
I tried changing it on the correct theme set. I tried both the javascript method and the textarea method, neither worked.

EDIT: I got the javascript method to work, but not the rows one.
Hmm, just learned that the JavaScript method also destroys the quick reply box.
(2010-04-05, 08:35 PM)C0smic Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I got the javascript method to work, but not the rows one.
Hmm, just learned that the JavaScript method also destroys the quick reply box.

Oops, sorry, try using this code instead:
textInput.style.height = (parseInt(areaContainer.style.height)-20)+"px";
textInput.style.width = (parseInt(areaContainer.style.width)-10)+"px";

That should just reduce both boxes slightly in size.
Hmm, it seems to work quite a bit better now. The quick reply still looks a tiny bit odd (I use the advanced quick reply modification) but it's better than the old way, in my opinion. Thanks. Any way this can be fixed in a future release, because it seems to effect almost all installations?
(2010-04-06, 04:30 AM)C0smic Wrote: [ -> ]The quick reply still looks a tiny bit odd (I use the advanced quick reply modification)
Oh, thats why the quick editor looks funny with what I initially posted.

Also, I think the editor overlap has something to do with a plugin or theme your running, most boards don't have this problem with the exception of maybe a few px due to rendering inconsistencies, not as significant as what you had though.
Hmm, here are the mods I have which are relevant. It probobly isn't the theme, because it is a modified Afresh theme:

adminHTML
Admin Post Edit
Advanced Quick Reply
Mods Cant Edit Admin Posts

I don't know that any of them would do it, though.
Pages: 1 2 3