MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any way to get rid of a Google cache'd page?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So a quick search of my name (real name) brings up a page from a couple years ago, it's content I'm not proud of (I was an immature 14 year old doing stupid stuff online), and I'm worried that any future employer/friend/college that does a background check on me, would find that page.

Is there anyway to contact Google to get them to remove it? Or will I just have to live with that page staining my name?
Google isn't going to listen to you, if that's your only reason Sad

How common is your name? There's always the "Oh, that must be another Jane Doe" excuse.
My name is pretty unique, and a Google search of it turns up mostly pages I've visited or registered on.
you should contact the author ofthe site so the owner can remove the content. after some time google will update the cache/search entry.
Also if it is / was hosted on your site, after removing it, you can add it to Google Webmaster tools and make an URL removal request for that page. Or get the site owner to do it. However, there are other archives and wayback machines. Consider it impossible to remove information from the Internet. So whatever you don't want people to know, don't post it. Smile
I love my name, is almost untraceable on Google because its spelled the girl way Toungue
If its a forum, try logging in again to that forum, then deleting or editing your post. If thats not possible sent the site owner an email and ask him to change it for you. If that fails then the site is probably abandoned so you can only hope they don't bother renewing the domain.
What's your real name? :p