MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Prob reg mybb forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im using mybb forums for my forums which i just started
i have some quires
1. Avatars are not visible in the posts
2. how can we desable your website url in the Profile options
3. How can we define different avatar size to usergroups

please help me out
please any one gimme a solution for this
In the Admin Control Panel (ACP), click on Configuration > User Registration and Profile Options > Avatar Directory.

Make sure it's pointing to the correct place where your avatars are stored.

Can you be a little clearer? Do you mean that you want to disable the website's URL, or the URL for each user? Please be more specific (a screenshot would help too).

This functionality would have to be done by a Plugin.
1. yaa its pointing to the correct directory but it is not visible in the posts how can i rectify that ??
2. i wanna disable URL for each user
3. i dint find any plugin related to that
4. what to do in order to increase the height of the post header ?
5. what i have to do in order to add images or icons

above quires are depicted clearly in the pic below

[Image: ngh28.jpg]
What I would normally do in a situation like this is use Firebug and inspect the HTML code where the avatar should be. Copy and paste the url into a new browser window and see if the avatar shows up. If it doesn't, then it could be that you have the wrong path, or it could be some other kind of server issue. If it does show up, it could be an issue with your .htaccess file setting up hotlinking rules.

You'll just have to go into the templates and remove the <a href> tag. If you're using the Default theme, edit the usercp_profile template. And remove the following lines:
<tr>
<td colspan="3"><span class="smalltext">{$lang->website_url}</span></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td colspan="3"><input type="text" class="textbox" name="website" size="25" maxlength="75" value="{$user['website']}" /></td>
</tr>

You can try and ask someone to create a plugin for you, but they will most likely charge you some money.

Not sure how to help you with these because I have not looked into it myself. I know that area is called the Postbit. So maybe you can edit something in the templates that have to do with it.

Sorry that I cannot be of much more help.
is there any plugin to send invitations by the user & inviting them to join in the forums ??
Not that I know of.
In reply to no.1 Do you even have an avatar set? Its not showing an image not found error.
(2010-04-09, 08:23 PM)tommykent1210 Wrote: [ -> ]In reply to no.1 Do you even have an avatar set? Its not showing an image not found error.

yaa i have the avatar set
What ever theme May be... i dint find Sol for My avatar Prob in Post bit.
i checked it on Default theme also.... Still avatars are not appearing in Postbit
Plzz Help me out