MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Any software developers want to head a dev team on my forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been wanting to start a software development team on my site for a while now. The idea is that the team will develop various applications and programs that will be released on my forum, with dedicated support sections.

I'm looking for novice software developers who would be interested in making this software. You will be in charge of the release section and responsible for providing support for your software.

I really won't be involved in the process that much so you can come up with the ideas yourself, delegate tasks amongst yourselves, and basically be in charge of the whole development process.

If you think this might be fun, let me know and we can chat about it.

I'm not looking for experts here, but I'd like potential members to have SOME ability. Wink
Erm, wouldn't these people prefer to make their own site? What exactly are you contributing other than a place to share them for your own promotion?
Do they get paid? Or just create software, post it on your site and help you make money? Big Grin
What kind of software would it be? Downloadable Programs? Web Applications? Forum Addons?
(2010-04-05, 09:25 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Erm, wouldn't these people prefer to make their own site? What exactly are you contributing other than a place to share them for your own promotion?

(2010-04-05, 09:50 PM)tommykent1210 Wrote: [ -> ]Do they get paid? Or just create software, post it on your site and help you make money? Big Grin

The main benefit would be that they wouldn't have to manage the website part of it. They don't have to worry about promotion, SEO, moderating the forums, etc. I'm investing some money in my site so those who would like to be a part of the team would benefit from it without having to invest any of their own.

Yes though, it's true that developers could go and make their own site. I'm not looking for those people. I'm looking for the ones that want to be a part of a bigger project.

(2010-04-05, 09:56 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]What kind of software would it be? Downloadable Programs? Web Applications? Forum Addons?

The main focus would be downloadable programs.
Just an extra note: The same could be said for any other type of staff. Why would someone become an admin on a forum rather than making their own? It's a lot more effective to bring something to an existing site rather than starting one from scratch.
A developer is most likely going to get far more exposure by posting on an established community than by contributing to yours.
So no, it's doubtful anyone is going to do this unless you can offer substantial benefits.
(2010-04-06, 01:00 AM)Yumi Wrote: [ -> ]A developer is most likely going to get far more exposure by posting on an established community than by contributing to yours.
So no, it's doubtful anyone is going to do this unless you can offer substantial benefits.

Thanks Captain Obvious. I'm not looking for people who would rather post somewhere else. I'm looking for people who want to be a part of the staff of my forum (e.g. exactly what this forum is for) so can you please stop telling me everything that's wrong with my simple post and leave if it doesn't concern you?
(2010-04-06, 01:12 AM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]I'm looking for people who want to be a part of the staff of my forum (e.g. exactly what this forum is for)
Good luck with that!
Okay, I may be willing to provide some payment for this. If you may be interested now PM me.