MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fundraising idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I realize that if you're willing to pay more than something's worth just because it's a donation to a worthy cause, you should be willing to donate without the extra incentive, as demonstrated here, BUT incentive is always a fun way to get everyone involved in raising funds for projects such as MyBB.

I think it would be cool to have an "Official Supporters" group for people who have donated 'x' amount to the project. They could have a "Supporter" badge in their profile or in the postbit on MyBBoard.net or they could have a usergroup image.

Just an idea. Let me know what you think.
We're currently looking into some fundraiser ideas... Smile
I think a badge would be a good idea.
(2010-04-06, 12:08 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]We're currently looking into some fundraiser ideas... Smile

I guess I'd better start saving some money. Smile
But what would you do with a badge?
(2010-04-06, 01:46 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]But what would you do with a badge?

I'm not sure what you mean. It would just be a little image that appears to the left of:

and says "Official Supporter" or something.

I'll try to find an example.
(2010-04-06, 01:46 AM)Dennis Tsang Wrote: [ -> ]But what would you do with a badge?

Wear it proudly.
Okay, as much as it kills me to link to DP, http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthrea...st10903246.

I was thinking something like that, but aligned next to the Posts / Joined stats. Possible with the clouds from the logo.
(2010-04-06, 01:48 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]

Wear it proudly.

Exactly. Smile

Nothing it's just like a recognition that you gave back to the project financially.
In all honesty, I don't really think MyBB is particularly in any financial difficulty. It really should be encouraging other aspects to help grow the community.
But do what you wish...
Pages: 1 2