MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The GoogleBot had registered on my site!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have a question, the GoogleBot had registered in my forum, is that good? or i have to delete him??

P.D He always repeating everything that de users do...
That sounds strange. What do you mean by the bot is repeating everything?
Has the google bot actually registered or does it just say "registering" on the who's online page, if it just says it on the who's online page then it's just crawling the page but not actually registering, if it has actually registered then it's not really the google bot.
I'm guessing by "repeating" you mean the GoogleBot is 'copying' everything that users do. This is normal activity for sites that use Google Adsense. The GoogleBot is just trying to see what sort of content is on each page so they can make better, more relevant ads.
If it says GoogleBot in the Who's Online list that's because the IP of GoogleBot is in the database. You can view more information in the Spiders / Bots section of the "Configuration" tab in your Admin CP.
Thatnks to everyone...but today I saw something very strange...
The REAL Ip of the GoogleBot is not the same than the registeres googlebot, so, i think someone wanted to make me a joke...XD
Hello,

Please provide a link to your board.

You can see what group the bot is in. If it's in "Members", it's registered, otherwise, its a bot.

Regards,
George.
If it's an actual user with a profile then it's just someone who's registered, GoogleBot doesn't have the ability to actually register.