MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is this against the rules?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I rework a theme that is available online, for free by the author, and leave the copyright? I know the sticky thread in the Themes > Releases forum, but that didn't say anything about free themes.
It entirely depends on whether the author allows distribution or not, and if they'd class that as redistribution. The best person to ask would be the author themselves.
OK. Well, it says that its released under Creative Commons License 2.5, which allows remixing. Would this be considered remixing?
Quote:Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
You can edit it but I don't think you can share it.
(2010-04-06, 12:44 PM)zDawg32 Wrote: [ -> ]OK. Well, it says that its released under Creative Commons License 2.5, which allows remixing. Would this be considered remixing?

Your fine as long as you leave what ever copyrights they put there alone. You can add to them just not modify theirs.Wink