MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My blog I am working on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We'll I have tried blogging more than once and failed. The reason is because I never really got into posting something all the time, I would post something like once a month and then get bored with it.

But there have been some things that have made me want to start up a blog again, so I decided I would try.

I wanted to design this one on my own, because I thought I would actually try to take it seriously this time. It took me about half a week to figure out how I wanted it to look, a few hours to make a mockup in Photoshop, and then I've been coding it into Wordpress for about the past 3-4 days.

I thought I would show you guys a quick preview of what I have so far. I think I might be just about done, I'm not totally sure yet.

Some of the jQuery effects include:
  • Color changer (Includes default red, green, and blue.)
  • A scroll to top button that fades in when you scroll down, and when you scroll to the top it fades out.
  • If you notice in the first screenshot, the date is sort of hidden, when you hover over it, it slides out so you can see when the post was made.

So I'll shut up now and just show you the screenshots!

Home:
[attachment=17828]

A post:
[attachment=17829]

A page:
[attachment=17830]

(I used MyBB's twitter because I don't have one yet.)

Let me know what you think!
Wow, it's really good. If you want some more practice feel free to make me one. Wink
Really good so far. My only comment is to use whitespace. Everything looks crammed into each other. Make the design breathe.
(2010-04-06, 11:16 PM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, it's really good. If you want some more practice feel free to make me one. Wink

Thanks, I might take you up on that Wink
But like I said it took me like half a week just to come up with what I wanted the design to look like.

(2010-04-06, 11:28 PM)computergeek67 Wrote: [ -> ]Really good so far. My only comment is to use whitespace. Everything looks crammed into each other. Make the design breathe.

Thanks! I agree with everything being crammed, I will check out whitespace and see how to use it lol

EDIT: How do you use whitespace? Toungue
Looks really good. Big Grin
(2010-04-07, 04:27 AM)iPod15 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks really good. Big Grin

I agree
Looks, erm, good...?
(2010-04-07, 04:43 AM)bubka3 Wrote: [ -> ]

I agree
(2010-04-07, 05:29 AM)Spyda Wrote: [ -> ]Looks, erm, good...?

Thank you Smile
That is really good and i am always appreciate that people who is willing to shared their experience of work or life with everyone.
Very nice! I started a blog but due to an unresolved bug in the MyBlogs plugin I am forced to abandon it until I can find an alternative that I like. Sad
Pages: 1 2 3