MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Anyone want a Garage for their forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, long time no post!

I was going through my old forum (powered by an early version of MyBB [before Gold]) and found a garage mod that I was halfway through. After a bit of jigging around, I managed to get it templated and running on a test MyBB forum. It's still nowhere near complete and the code is still a bit messy, but would anyone be interested in this as a mod? If so then i'll finish it Smile

You can view a preview on the test forum I created: http://www.windoze.biz/forum/garage.php

I've been away from the modding game for a while so excuse any "blatent" errors in there. Also you currently can't add, remove or edit the entries, I've just done the database backend and the main coding so far.

Opinions welcome!

James Smile
how do u input the information ?? so that they appear there

regardds
Hi,

Like I said, it's nowhere near finished yet. I haven't actually done the user friendly part of the mod yet, I'm still adding stuff in phpMyAdmin.
ow then till now , u are adding the putput as ur own typing, they are not retrieved from a database ?

thx
No, they are retrieved from a database, it uses 4 tables:

PREFIX_garage
PREFIX_garage_images
PREFIX_garage_modcats
PREFIX_garage_mods

Images are stored in a MySQL table too Smile

I am just inserting the data into MySQL manually at the moment.

James.
JAmes Wrote:am just inserting the data into MySQL manually at the moment.

that's why i meant!! so now they still a manuall process

u still have to make the manager!.

regards
Yeah thats correct Smile sorry for the misunderstanding Smile

Yeah I still have to make a manger for it all. And a lot of other things hehe

James Smile