MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM Override for Moderators?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I was contacted by one of my moderators regarding an issue sending private messages to a user. The moderator explained that when he tried to send a private message to the user, he could not find a link to PM him in his profile. I instructed him to use Compose PM from the User CP and he explained that he was denied permission because the user had private messaging disabled.

I believe that Moderators should have the permission to send PMs to ANY user, despite their settings or options.

Can anyone tell me how I can set up MyBB to override the disabled PM's for moderators?

Thanks in advance,
Alex
Even if you did send it they would not receive it cause it is Off... Turn it on in admin CP then tell them to send it.
(2010-04-08, 03:58 PM)Prentice Wrote: [ -> ]Even if you did send it they would not receive it cause it is Off... Turn it on in admin CP then tell them to send it.

Is there no way to remove the option to turn off PMs from the users?
You can remove the code from the member_register and usercp_options template and run a query to force everyone to enable them.