MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Import users from Active Directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to do this?

Basically, my school has an active directory of over 200 teachers, and we are wondering if there is a way to import all of them to MyBB... Otherwise, it would be a pain to make each account manually.
Err... Not really. Just write there name/email and a randomly generated password in excel. Then make an SQL query. I doubt Microsoft made it easy to interact between a web software and itself.
(2010-04-09, 02:43 AM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]Err... Not really. Just write there name/email and a randomly generated password in excel. Then make an SQL query. I doubt Microsoft made it easy to interact between a web software and itself.

Well you might have just answered my question with a possible way. I'm gonna see if it's possible to export active directory users into a spreadsheet.

Thanks for the help!
Hahaha, no problem, though i doubt even you can do that. Microsoft locks programs down pretty well server wise (In what i've seen)
Im sure you can export to excel csv file

using this in CMD:
CSVDE -f adusers.csv

Then convert csv to sql in excel Smile
(2010-04-09, 06:21 PM)tommykent1210 Wrote: [ -> ]Im sure you can export to excel csv file

using this in CMD:
CSVDE -f adusers.csv

Then convert csv to sql in excel Smile

Thanks! I'll try it when I can. Big Grin