MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYSQL User table question / registration disable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Folks

I'm looking to possibly integrate myBB into a new customer site that has a fairly complex database for paid members and vendors. Basically, everything including the forum would be hidden inside a password controlled domain including the forum.

The simple question is - can myBB be setup to automatically generate a user based on what they setup in a different form? Essentially disabling the public registration aspect of the forum, and have the system generating the user from a pre-existing MySQL table? (And, if anyone has already pulled something like this off and would be willing to give me a hand? Angel )

edit: crappers...mods can you move this to the install section where its more appropriate Smile

thanks in advance.
Hi bnovak,

The short answer is yes, it can be modified to create users based on other tables. Unfortunately, it's time consuming and the popularity for a plugin developer to do something like this is very small.

That shouldn't deter you from having a go yourself though. Have a look at the MyBB registration process, and see how it uses the datahandlers to make things much easier. Once you get a grasp of it, a conversion script isn't that difficult.
Thanks Tomm. I figured there was a way to do it. I'm just hoping it doesn't require changing EVERY PHP page like my last adventure did. I'll spend some time with it and see what I come up with. Other than that, everything looks like it will work for me so that's a plus!

(2010-04-09, 07:47 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Hi bnovak,

The short answer is yes, it can be modified to create users based on other tables. Unfortunately, it's time consuming and the popularity for a plugin developer to do something like this is very small.

That shouldn't deter you from having a go yourself though. Have a look at the MyBB registration process, and see how it uses the datahandlers to make things much easier. Once you get a grasp of it, a conversion script isn't that difficult.