MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpbb 3 to MyBB - limitations in size?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

When the evaluation process is done we would change our forum from phpbb 3 to mybb. The system has more than 10,000 users and 200,000 posts. Are there any limitations when trying to migrate? What about the access rights and moderator rights?

Thanks!

Michael
I think the only limitation is the php memory size, eg: if you have a large database and are on a shared host, the host restricts the size and execution time of php functions.

I think the merge system doesnt support the moving of access rights as they are setup differently - although this could have changed since I migrated from phpbb3 Smile
Hi!
(2010-04-09, 07:07 AM)tommykent1210 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the only limitation is the php memory size, eg: if you have a large database and are on a shared host, the host restricts the size and execution time of php functions.
Size doesn't matter Smile We are having several machines we can use for that. (No shared system and no virtual machines but real hardware with several GBs of memory)

Michael
Something that size is better off in a localhost environment where you have greater degree of control. I've migrated a 400k post site once from phpbb2 -> Mybb. When or if you run into problems you'll want the most access possible. Keep in mind the merge system is still in beta.
Hi!
(2010-04-09, 09:05 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Something that size is better off in a localhost environment where you have greater degree of control.
I would use a system where I have full root access with all bells and whistles. This should be enough Smile

Michael