MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (solved) posting, editing and deleting of messages - is there any API I can use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Is there any api I can use to make the things I described above? In the wiki I found not very much about that Smile

I had asked this before - but the topic maybe wasn't so good Smile

Background: I want to create an API that can be called via REST functions. I did this before with phpbb and SOAP.

Additionally to the things I mentioned above I need a possibility to check whether a topic is closed and if a user has access to a specific group. (Read or write)

Do I have to make this via database calls? (I hope not)

Michael
post datahandler ?
(2010-04-09, 11:17 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]post datahandler ?
You mean the file "datahandlers/post.php"? There I also found several hooks. I hope that there is a good tutorial about how a hook can be done. What about adding additional fields to some tables? I need a field for the in posts table and in the forums table. Is there any convention for adding fields? (naming convention or something else so that it stays updatable?)

Michael

Edit: I found everything I searched for. My first function calls to add articles worked - great!