MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: from vBulletin 3.85 - bugs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
Converted today from vb 3.85 and although I found the conversion rather smooth and simple, here are some of the issues I have come across and can't seem to solve.

1- No avatars are showing.
2- I keep getting logged out of the Admin CP for not having the right IP address (very annoying and I did a search, looked at my settings.php in inc folder and it matches what's in my admincp but still getting this error)
3- lost all my reputation points for my users.
4- My admin name in the vb forum became "haytham_vbulletin3_import1" I can't figure out why and is there a way to merge that name with the new admin name for mybb?
5- Lost all my PMs.

I haven't noticed anything else but I'd appreciate any help with these points.
I am using the latest firefox version and I keep cleaning the data and refreshing but same issues.
solved this point:

4- My admin name in the vb forum became "haytham_vbulletin3_import1" I can't figure out why and is there a way to merge that name with the new admin name for mybb?

merged. That was easy. I am beginning to like this forum board. Smile
Other points noticed:

6- My user groups were categorized into the MyBB groups and mine came up empty. So, now, I have registered and not activated only. I lost all my banned, new teachers, old teachers...

7- The options button in the CP doesn't work in firefox or IE. I press it and nothing happens.

8- I am getting logged out in IE as well.
Now I can't log in at all....any way to reset cookies to default settings?
1. Broken images or just blank??
2. Do you have a dynamic IP??
3. Unfortunately rep isn't transferred by the merge system, however it may be possible to port it across somehow. E-mail me a file containing the vB reputation table to mattr at mybboard dot com and I'll see if I can write a script to convert them.
5. As in the PM table is completely empty?? Where there any errors when running that part of the merge system??
6. Groups should be transferred, sure you ran that module??
7. Can you see if there's any javascript errors in a javascript debugger or something??
8. URL so we can check your settings??
1- no images at all. I manually transferred the avatars to the avatar directory but still nothing shows.

2- Not sure what is dynamic IP but if you mean it changes, probably do.

3- I'll send you the rep table ASAP but where I am at now is 1 am and I got work tomorrow so probably a little bit later and thanks.

5- No errors at all but no PMs for any member are showing.

6- There are the default MYBB groups and mine can be seen and are called custom groups but no members are in them and I can't add any to them because the "options" buttons are not working. I keep getting a java error which I took a screen shot of and will attach now.

7- Guess I spoke about that in point 6 Smile

8- URL.. I will PM it to you.
Thanks again for your support.
Any solutions for the options button not working? I will try it from another PC and see.
I am going insane. I tried Opera, FF and IE8 and in all browsers the options button doesn't work and I am still getting logged out.
Isn't the PM issue covered in one of the stickies?