MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Sorry If I have offended
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well actually sorry for my last topic. But my main purpose was not to hurt you guys. i have actually seen a forum powered by mybb but he have removed his links ,So i just want to ask moderators and administrators what if somebody is doing like this ?

I have forum with mybb too but I am really very sincere with the hardwork of the guys who spent their months to develop mybb, I am really thankful to you,

I am sorry i have started another thread I just want an answer. can I complain about that forum or there is nothing to do with that ?
If they remove the links, they wont get official support from MyBB which is what their license says (I think it says that now).
just no support ? nothing else ?
If I am correct about the license and they are not trying to claim its their own code, yes. That's it. It is pretty fair I think. I mean I disagree with taking the mybb credit off (well maybe just leave one of the TWO links :p) but hey, if they can find their own support, let them...
(2010-04-11, 04:38 AM)naqvi Wrote: [ -> ]Well actually sorry for my last topic. But my main purpose was not to hurt you guys. i have actually seen a forum powered by mybb but he have removed his links ,So i just want to ask moderators and administrators what if somebody is doing like this

You report it/them using the button provided, simple as that!!
Quote:I have forum with mybb too but I am really very sincere with the hardwork of the guys who spent their months to develop mybb,

Years. Not months.
Actually I dont want to report until I get to know you are going to shutdown site or giving them real punishment. I actually personally have some bad relations with them. thats why i am asking.
Your bad relations has nothing to do with the MyBB community buddy. I think you should take your own drama with the forum elsewhere.
If someone were to remove that "Powered by Mybb" message, doesn't the Mybb team have the right to take legal action against that website? I mean, yes, Mybb is open source, but it is not in compliance with the licensing agreement.
I'll just repeat what everyone has said to clarify. Yes, you are allowed to remove the MyBB copyright, but you WILL NOT recieve support on the forums (or be able to post your forum in the showcase forum), but you are allowed to remove it without the chance of Legal action.
Pages: 1 2