MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: hello all i need help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello all,
my problem is i created a forum & the problem is when i creates a new thread & submit it then it makes a html page
e.g

www.abc.com/my-thread-2-post-2.htmll#pid2

why so it's creating html file....
plz help me...
It's not actually creating HTML files, it's a URL rewrite. What happens when you visit the URL, does it go to a 404??
no it is opening the thread which i created
You can deactivate that function from: acp->configuration->server & optimization options -> Set the first setting to "Disabled"

But rewrite url is good for google optimization Smile
(2010-04-11, 06:46 PM)Dvdxseo Wrote: [ -> ]You can deactivate that function from: acp->configuration->server & optimization options -> Set the first setting to "Disabled"

But rewrite url is good for google optimization Smile

thank you so much
ok i am not disabling it but tell me plz
is there is no any other issue of rewriting like is rewriting making my forum vulnerableSad
No of course not, it wouldn't be a feature if it was going to make your forum vulnerable. It just makes the URLs nicer, that's all.

./forumdisplay.php?fid=1 => ./forum-1.html
./showthread.php?tid=1 => ./thread-1.html
./member.php?action=profile&uid=1 => ./user-1.html
(2010-04-12, 11:34 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]No of course not, it wouldn't be a feature if it was going to make your forum vulnerable. It just makes the URLs nicer, that's all.

./forumdisplay.php?fid=1 => ./forum-1.html
./showthread.php?tid=1 => ./thread-1.html
./member.php?action=profile&uid=1 => ./user-1.html

thank you so much... for helping me...Smile