MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB Security Update Blitz
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Pleae discuss MyBB Security Update Blitz here.
Roger sir !! Wink

i'll do my best
will the security-updates and any incremental changes be rolled into one or do we need to plan migration-path going through one step at the time through first 1.04 then 1.05 etc....or will there be a patch from 1.03 directly to the latest?
Also will there be change-files made available for those of us with modified boards and simple file-replacement is not necessarily possible?

cheers,
Kimmo
We'll be providing manual instructions for changes - but not actual diff files.

I'm not sure of rolling them into one - we'd need to work out a good way to do so. I'm up for suggestions.
well the easiest way probably will be just to create a cumulative list for each version...something like this:
Quote:Release v1.05

v.1.03 -> v1.05
---------------
Updated Files :
- member.php
- usercp.php
- /admin/admin.php
- /inc/memberprofile.php

v1.04 -> v.1.05
---------------
FILES UPDATED:
- usercp.php
- /admin/admin.php

then at the time v1.06 comes out changing for example newreply.php it would include something like this:

Quote:Release v1.06

v.1.03 -> v1.06
---------------
Updated Files :
- member.php
- usercp.php
- /admin/admin.php
- /inc/memberprofile.php
- newreply.php

v1.04 -> v1.06
---------------
FILES UPDATED:
- usercp.php
- /admin/admin.php
- newreply.php

v1.05 -> v1.06
---------------
FILES UPDATED:
- newreply.php

something to that effect...relatively little work for you guys....but would give us a clear indication on what files to upload depending on what version we're running...it would then be up to us to download the entire new package from here and pick the relevant files from the package to upload
....unless of course you wish to always createa zip-archive for each version with the latest files....(too much work probably though as you would have to create a separate file for every upgrade-path....or create one package for the most complete update (one from 1.03 to the latest) and tell people just to upload them all or pick the ones from the package that are relevant to them (depending on their version they are running)

Confused enough already? Smile I think you know what I mean...

cheers,
Kimmo

PS. maaan...just read what i wrote...I don't need a spell-checker...I need a 'coherency checker'
This is very unprofessionally, since something like this should be done daily (in terms of staff analysing code). Rolleyes
I Do my best Chris. You'll see.
I'll help in any way I can. Smile
Quote:Versions will be released appending to the current MyBB 1.0 series. For example, MyBB 1.04, 1.05 and so on.

It also means you should keep a close eye on the MyBB forums for the next few weeks ...
So does this mean that MyBB 1.2 won't be released for at least "a few weeks"? [Image: msn_tongue.gif]

It doesn't make much sense to me why you'd start focusing on the MyBB 1.0 code now, when so many bugs have already been fixed in the 1.2 code... wouldn't your time be better spent trying to get 1.2 out ASAP?
Pages: 1 2 3