MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable online status for buddy list?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

Is it possible to disable the possibility to see the online status of a buddy? Since you can add every person to your buddies without the need to be confirmed you could use it to watch every person. Although I don't care about it very much I know that there will be some users that do.

Michael
If someone does not wish it to be known that they are online, they should be able to hide themselves via
User CP -> Edit Options -> Hide me from the Who's Online list.
check the box... Just tested and it doesn't show them online on the buddy list either.
Hi!
(2010-04-11, 11:05 PM)ladyunicornejg Wrote: [ -> ]If someone does not wish it to be known that they are online, they should be able to hide themselves via
User CP -> Edit Options -> Hide me from the Who's Online list.
check the box... Just tested and it doesn't show them online on the buddy list either.
This doesn't work with me. In the buddy list there's still:
Quote:Last Active: Today, 06:49

Michael
Well, yes... It WILL still say you've been active that day...but they can get that going to your profile too...or seeing when you last posted.

I would think that there would be a template that could be edited, but I can't find it so I'm not entirely sure, sorry.