MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing the copyright
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is probably a stupid question but I want to be sure..
In the footer template, it says like this:

Quote:<!-- You may NOT remove, modify or hinder the visibility of the MyBB copyright at any time.
It must contain the links to the MyBB website and be formatted appropriately.

Failure to comply with the above will result in prosecution to the full extent of the law.
This is free software, support us and we'll support you. -->

My question is that if it's okay to modify the copyright as long as a "Powered by MyBB" link remains visible on all pages? Or do I have to keep it exactly as it is?
I mention that I don't intend to modify it in order to hide the fact that I run a MyBB forum, I'm actually proud of that Big Grin
The minimum is this:

Quote:Powered by MyBB

Must say at least that* and have a link back.

* Can be an adapted version, like 'Forum software by MyBB' is fine.

The reason yours says that is because the footer template was changed when we updated the new copyright text, and your template hasn't been reverted.
Great, thank you for your answer!
Hi,

I am trying to add adsense code in footer, adding that from admin deletes all the codes, I think its not saving that. Can you advice how do I add the adsense code to footer ?

Regards
(2010-07-24, 06:36 AM)vijayvishwakarma Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I am trying to add adsense code in footer, adding that from admin deletes all the codes, I think its not saving that. Can you advice how do I add the adsense code to footer ?

Regards

Please do not hijack threads. Ask for support in the support section Wink
(2010-04-12, 09:18 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The minimum is this:

The reason yours says that is because the footer template was changed when we updated the new copyright text, and your template hasn't been reverted.

We cannot remove the Copyright? I thought we could since it's GPL.
(2010-07-24, 07:12 AM)Winford F. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-12, 09:18 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]The minimum is this:

We cannot remove the Copyright? I thought we could since it's GPL.

You can, you just won't get support if you remove it or if it's less then the minimum
(2010-07-24, 07:12 AM)Winford F. Wrote: [ -> ]We cannot remove the Copyright? I thought we could since it's GPL.

You will not get support here else