MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Save changes issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
time ago i've asked how to remove the double subject in the thread.
Couple of good folks told me to edit the postbid templates and to find and remove {$post['subject']}.
Well i've followed the same steps again but after pressing Save and refresh the board i was getting error messages.
Later i saw this what i've attached in the photo.
You can see alot of slashes " \ ", i've pressed Save 3 times so 3 slashes, when i press it more times - more of the \\\.. Is there something wrong with the configurations?
It's hapening on every template in postbid section, haven't tried others but i think it's going to be the same.
Need help guys, thanks!
Ask your host to disable magic quotes.
(2010-04-12, 09:54 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Ask your host to disable magic quotes.

Are they the only solution? Anything i can do or just to mail them - "disable the magic quotes."?
Thanks again Matt for the fast responces
Magic quotes is what's causing it so that's what they'll have to disable. Some people have been able to disable it via .htaccess though, but not everyone.
Well, i was just inform from the hosting company that the magic quotes are now disabled, but the problem stays.
So i have 2 forums phpbb3 and mybb on the same hosting, 2 databases, and i'm on my way of merging them, but this "\\\\\\" are anoying me and not sure if i proceed with the merge, are there going to be any problems with the files.

Whatever, Matt, do you know if something else can cause this rails to apear everytime when a save is done?
Thank you again for the support!
They may have actually been saved to the template now, remove them and save it again, see if it's OK then.
Nah,
i've opened a new template without \\\, just pressed save changes, without editing anything and i got the \ again.
Then double check it's been disabled. This is a really common issue and every time it's magic quotes that's the cause.
Did that moments ago.
So on the phpbb3 folder, where is the old board which i intend to convert to mybb, the guys from the host made php.ini file putting this line there
magic_quotes_gpc = Off
nothing more. When editing from ACP in the phpbb3 board the \\\ problem is gone, still in the mybb ACP i have it. Do i have to make such file (coz i made one no result), or to edit another one?
If it's in the phpBB folder then it probably won't be affecting the MyBB folder, copy that file to the MyBB folder.

This is really something they should be turning off at their end though, if this is causing an issue it's because you're running PHP 5.3, and magic quotes is deprecated in PHP 5.3.
Pages: 1 2