MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New install of v1.4.12 Requirements Check issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello all,
I am attempting to run a fresh install of version 1.4.12. I have FTPd the files over and perfomed CHMOD where I can. However I cannot find these files in my directory or in the zip file

./inc/config.php 666
./inc/settings.php 666

When I get to requirements check I get this screen
=====================================================
Requirements Check
Requirements
PHP Version: 5.2.9-2
Supported DB Extensions: MySQL Improved, MySQL
Supported Translation Extensions: Multi-Byte, iconv
PHP XML Extensions: Installed
Configuration File Writable: Not Writable
Settings File Writable: Not Writable
Cache Directory Writable: Not Writable
File Uploads Directory Writable: Not Writable
Avatar Uploads Directory Writable: Not Writable
=====================================================
Error

The MyBB Requirements check failed due to the reasons below. MyBB installation cannot continue because you did not meet the MyBB requirements. Please correct the errors below and try again:

The configuration file (inc/config.default.php) could not be renamed. Please manually rename the config.default.php file to config.php to allow it to be written to or contact MyBB Support. //I cannot find this file in my Dir.

The configuration file (inc/config.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.//I cannot find this file in my Dir.

The settings file (inc/settings.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.//I cannot find this file in my Dir.

The cache directory (cache/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The uploads directory (uploads/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

The avatars directory (uploads/avatars/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

Even when I change the CHMOD setting (using WS_FTPLE) I still get these errors. Can anyone advise?
Thanks

Danny
Inside the myBB directory there should be a folder called 'inc' open that. Find 'config.default.php' and rename it to 'config.php' then CHMOD the file to 666. Settings should be in the same folder and if the files are sorted alphabetically it appears at the bottom. Simply CHMOD the file. If they don't appear in the folder upload them into the folder and CHMOD them.

Once you've done that, CHMOD the following folders to 777 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to and execute from them).
./cache/
./cache/themes/
./uploads/
./uploads/avatars/
./admin/backups/ (optional)

'.' being your MyBB directory. Make sure you CHMOD the folders not the files inside. If you still get errors go to, './inc/languages/*your_language*/' and CHMOD every file inside (ctrl + a to select all in FTP) and then do the same in './inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/'
(2010-04-14, 02:02 PM)Clarkie Wrote: [ -> ]Inside the myBB directory there should be a folder called 'inc' open that. Find 'config.default.php' and rename it to 'config.php' then CHMOD the file to 666. Settings should be in the same folder and if the files are sorted alphabetically it appears at the bottom. Simply CHMOD the file. If they don't appear in the folder upload them into the folder and CHMOD them.

Once you've done that, CHMOD the following folders to 777 (ie, make sure that PHP can write to and execute from them).
./cache/
./cache/themes/
./uploads/
./uploads/avatars/
./admin/backups/ (optional)

'.' being your MyBB directory. Make sure you CHMOD the folders not the files inside. If you still get errors go to, './inc/languages/*your_language*/' and CHMOD every file inside (ctrl + a to select all in FTP) and then do the same in './inc/languages/*your_language*/admin/'

Hi Clarkie,
Thanks for your post. As you can see from my screenshot I do not have this file in the directory. It isnt in the zip file I downloaded either (see 2nd image). Nor is settings.php
I have tried this install with the current version released yesterday and the previous one with exactly the same outcome.
Rgds

Danny[attachment=17906][attachment=17907]
If there's no config.php file just create one called config.php
(2010-04-14, 05:56 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If there's no config.php file just create one called config.php

Hi,
I tried FTPing in a 'blank' PHP file (ie just a pair of PHP tags in a file)called config.php but I got the same outcome.
Are you on a windows hosting? if yes, have you uploaded mybb in /public/ folder?
(2010-04-15, 11:58 AM)Dvdxseo Wrote: [ -> ]Are you on a windows hosting? if yes, have you uploaded mybb in /public/ folder?

Hi,
It is a win 2003 server but I dont see a public folder. I have it in a directory called forum in 'wwwroot'.
Windows doesn't use CHMODs, if you're getting these errors on Windows you'd need to ask your host.
(2010-04-15, 05:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Windows doesn't use CHMODs, if you're getting these errors on Windows you'd need to ask your host.

isnt there an issue with the fact that there is no config.php in the downloaded zip?
Regards

Danny
if it was there, people would overwrite their own config.php's with it...
Pages: 1 2