MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: non-English sub-forum in the showcase
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was thinking that you guys could add an 'other languages', 'non-English', or whatever you want to call it, sub-forum in the showcase section. I thought of this because of this thread - http://community.mybboard.net/thread-678...tpost.html . Any thoughts?
Edit: Or possibly a Showcase sub-forum in the Internationalization section.
I'd say subforum in showcase, it shouldn't be hid.

Good idea though. Smile
nice idea man Smile
(2010-04-14, 04:20 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]I'd say subforum in showcase, it shouldn't be hid.

Good idea though. Smile

I agree. I just wanted to give some choices. Smile

(2010-04-14, 04:23 PM)ThatHeart Wrote: [ -> ]nice idea man Smile

Thanks.
I get your understanding for it but heres my two cents;

Majority of people on here quickly look at the forum (ensure credits and rules are followed, and report to MOD's if not Toungue) take a look at the design, maybe quick look at content and never look again. If you segregate foreign sites they may get less of a look, I think the forum isn't overly active, maybe 3 - 4 every day yet it's still a vital forum, therefore international showcase I would find may be even less active, therefore I don't see the need for that forum.

On the other hand It could promote foreign webmasters to post their site as they might not have done it before, due to thinking theres no point. I feel though it could be a subforum in Internationalisation as this forum is dedicated to international boards, well my two cents anyway, I'm sure you'll decide well.
Very interesting 'two cents'. I agree with everything you said. It's going to be up to the team I suppose.
My idea for keeping dead co.cc forums in their own section didn't fly, I doubt this will.

Good idea nonetheless.
This is a bit different from secluding sites based on not liking their domain or whatever...not everyone speaks the same languages, so some people might be MORE interested in foreign language forums and others definitely wouldn't be able to say too much about them.
This is not an official response but it's unlikely this will happen given how difficult it is for us to moderate the internationalization forum as it is when most of us only speak English Sad In an ideal world it would be nice to have though.
(2010-04-15, 09:16 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]This is not an official response but it's unlikely this will happen given how difficult it is for us to moderate the internationalization forum as it is when most of us only speak English Sad In an ideal world it would be nice to have though.

This is true. I'm sure you could find someone to moderate that section though. If you did decide to go with it.
Pages: 1 2 3