MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recaptcha?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since a lot of people have trouble with the captcha, why not use recaptcha? When i used it on my blog, it worked wonders.
This was suggested and accepted for 1.6 but was cut to save time. <unofficial>Reasonable to assume it'll be in 2.0 if it was originally accepted for 1.6.</unofficial>
Wow, darn, i missed out. I hope this gets into 2.0. Someone should make a plugin for the time being.
There already are two different recaptcha plugins, not sure if they work...
I tried a plugin for recaptcha but it didn't work.

Something custom works best. The update to 1.4.12 broke my custom captcha and i had a few bots registered within the hour..

With my custom captcha i never had a bot register or a spampost (guest posting is on)
Both recaptcha plugins worked fine for me. But yeah, a customized one would work best as they have to then break YOUR captcha, rather than the default for a specific program/system/whatever... even recaptcha can be broken (I've had a bot or two register on my test forum that uses it).
(2010-04-14, 09:22 PM)ladyunicornejg Wrote: [ -> ]a customized one would work best as they have to then break YOUR captcha

That's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish here: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-67343.html

But it's not finished yet Toungue or rather, I'm wasting time to make an user interface for it.
I actually never looked, and assumed :/ I'd thought they would've been more popular, i guess. Though this should be in 2.0. (Official comment needed Big Grin)
I think if it's going to be anywhere, it should be an option not the only available...as I said, even with recaptcha I've had bots (which means recaptcha is at least partially broken already, which might leave the default + custom fonts more secure)
(2010-04-14, 10:13 PM)ladyunicornejg Wrote: [ -> ]I think if it's going to be anywhere, it should be an option not the only available...as I said, even with recaptcha I've had bots (which means recaptcha is at least partially broken already, which might leave the default + custom fonts more secure)

I doubt it, i think they aren't bots anymore. Or at least humans signing up.
Pages: 1 2