MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help with my first plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2010-04-15, 04:50 PM)41shots Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-15, 04:47 PM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]I completely disagree, if a line is drawn between the two, how is anyone supposed to cross it and become, what you think is 'professional'?

I do think your idea for a site with information on developers is good though.

@your first point. When you reach a certain level, you know it. When people beg you for stuff, when you are approached with paid jobs. etc. When you develop a system.

Well who's to be the judge of who can and can't develop plugins for MyBB? How are you supposed to become that good without practice?

What's it matter if I used another plugin for reference, or really how I made the plugin at all? The point i is that I had an idea, and now others can benefit from it. I don't see the problem with me making my plugin.
I enjoyed the process of making this plugin, and the satisfaction of finally having developed something useful, and I learned a lot about PHP and the process of creating MyBB plugins, so next time I won't need so much help. It's about improving my abilities. The plugin works fine, and that's all anyone needs to worry about.
Quote:Well who's to be the judge of who can and can't develop plugins for MyBB? How are you supposed to become that good without practice?

You need to change your attitude, you've "created" one plug in (with help from others too), and now you're replying to posts like you know everything!! You've already lost yourself "help" from others here that know what they are talking about (folks who've already created plug ins), because of your arrogant attitude here!

I tell ya, I know nothing about creating plug ins etc. But I do know how to give respect to anyone who's willing to help me in anything I need help.......It's something you should consider doing if you find you ever want help here at MyBB in the future. Smile
I have respect for those who are helping me. It's people like Yumi and yourself who are wasting my time with your complaints that make this frustrating.
(2010-04-18, 04:46 AM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]I have respect for those who are helping me. It's people like Yumi and yourself who are wasting my time with your complaints that make this frustrating.

I wouldn't be who I am today if I didn't meet Yumi 3 years ago

edit: corrected a lot of typos Big Grin
(2010-04-18, 05:52 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-18, 04:46 AM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]I have respect for those who are helping me. It's people like Yumi and yourself who are wasting my time with your complaints that make this frustrating.

I wouldn't be who I am today if I didn't meet Yumi 3 years ago

edit: corrected a lot of typos Big Grin

I'm not saying he's a bad guy, I'm just saying he was a little harsh in this thread.
Yumi is helping you, this is a great occasion as he is pointing you on the right way, capture this occasion!
(2010-04-18, 09:55 PM)flash.tato Wrote: [ -> ]Yumi is helping you, this is a great occasion as he is pointing you on the right way, capture this occasion!

I don't know what your talking about.

I don't need any more responses. Problem was solved a while ago.
Pages: 1 2 3