MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fresh install. cant login (cookies are correct) (hosted on host gator)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, im being hosted on hostgator, and i have done a fresh install (over and over) my sql settings are correct, my cookie settings are correct. how ever, when i go to login i get this error:

Please correct the following errors before continuing:
You have entered an invalid username or password combination. 

but the weird thing, is that when i go to recover my password, i get the email. but there is no code, example:
Quote:LeG10N,

To complete the phase of resetting your account password at Forums, you will need to go to the URL below in your web browser.

http://loginserv.net/forum/member.php?ac...uid=1&code=

If the above link does not work correctly, go to

http://loginserv.net/forum/member.php?ac...etpassword

You will need to enter the following:
Username: LeG10N
Activation Code:

Thank you,
Forums Staff

ive redownloaded the zip (both from my computer, and directly to my server via a jailshell) and have re installed about 4 times.

any ideas guys?

if you need any extra info. just ask.
no ideas? realy?
(2010-04-15, 12:24 AM)LeG10N Wrote: [ -> ]no ideas? realy?

No, we just haven't been available to answer you Smile

There are some issues with the random string generator. PM me the password you want to use and I'll PM you back a query to change your password.
(2010-04-15, 05:15 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-15, 12:24 AM)LeG10N Wrote: [ -> ]no ideas? realy?

No, we just haven't been available to answer you Smile

There are some issues with the random string generator. PM me the password you want to use and I'll PM you back a query to change your password.

the main fact is that even if i set it up with a simple simple password at startup. i cant login.
Because the password generation process involves generating a random string, which has an issue right now.
(2010-04-15, 06:27 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Because the password generation process involves generating a random string, which has an issue right now.

so should i download an older version of mybb?
No, that's never the solution. Try a new copy of ./inc/functions.php, I think a patch may already have been made to it.