MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: error when trying to subscribe to thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
But we still need to fix the templates. What a pain when you have many themes.
(2010-04-22, 05:00 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It's also been fixed in 1.4.13.

You mean, usercp2.php from full distribution of 1.4.13 using same as 1.4.11?
This is not good. Not at all.

Does this mean that the themes I have up for download on my site all have to be reworked and reuploaded?

Does this mean the couple dozen themes I have out there for all custom work and sites I had to upgrade have to be reworked?

And never mind the custom themes on my own site! A dozen of those!

And I'm low-balling myself on the number of themes here!

I'm looking at a week of work with no breaks for anything else! This isn't right. There has to be a better solution.
Well, if a change in MyBB needs a change in templates, naturally you'll have to do it in all themes that use custom versions of said template. Usually themes change only a minority of templates though (such as header footer for custom header footer structure) so not all template changes actually affect every theme. The template changes themselves are easy enough to do, if you know HTML...

In the end, themes are like plugins, they have to be maintained.
Can someone please tell us what needs to be changed in the templates because I am having this issue as well.

Never mind, I figured it out what I had to change to get the old themes to work.

btw: I thought when we did the upgrade from 1.4.12 it was suppose to fix all this???

Shedrock
(2010-04-23, 12:29 PM)Goggalor Wrote: [ -> ]Does this mean that the themes I have up for download on my site all have to be reworked and reuploaded?

Does this mean the couple dozen themes I have out there for all custom work and sites I had to upgrade have to be reworked

Simply put, yes. This isn't anything new though. Templates get changed in lots of updates. I'm getting really tired of people still having problems with the showthread_moderationoptions template, because the theme authors haven't updated their themes, people are downloading and installing themes with outdated versions of templates. You can't release a theme and have it working 100% with all versions, that's precisely why there's the version option; you can say it was OK for a specific version but no guarantee of future versions. I fail to see how it's going to take you a week though unless you have 500 themes, import the theme, revert the templates to default, that will take a few minutes, re-export the theme, zip it up.
OK well just so you know, this problem is happening with the default theme on my test board as well. So it's not simply a custom theme problem.

I understand issues with custom themes that need updating and I'm usually on top of that but this issues is not unique to custom themes and seems to be a problem for all including default.
@Goggalor I agree, I also just noticed that. If you wish to know the templates you need to edit let me know and I will post it here.

Cheers!
Shedrock
I would also note that some of the templates are showing a BLANK diff report. What is that all about? Is there a problem with the creation of the diff?
Pages: 1 2