MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: where do I change the reputation points?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I, for the life of me, cannot find in the admincp where I can change the reputation points...someone please direct me to it so I can change the reputation points.
I figured it out, but it's weird.....

with the settings here:
Points to Award/Take Away:
Here you need to enter the number of points to give or take away on each reputation given by users of this group.

set to 1, users can do +4/-4 reputation....shouldn't it be +1/-1? having it set to 2, does +2/-2, set to 3 allows for +3/-3....
Works fine for me...
(2010-04-15, 05:11 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Works fine for me...

yes, but what do suggest I do to make having it set to 1 to actually allow only +1/-1 reputation? having it set to 1 on 1 of my forums allows me to give out +4/-4 reputation. I have a test board and it works as it's supposed to, but not on my main board.
I can't see how it wouldn't work for only one group. Run this query:

SELECT reputationpower FROM mybb_usergroups WHERE gid = 'X';

Change X to the ID of the group. What's the value??
(2010-04-15, 08:50 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I can't see how it wouldn't work for only one group. Run this query:

SELECT reputationpower FROM mybb_usergroups WHERE gid = 'X';

Change X to the ID of the group. What's the value??

SELECT reputationpower
FROM mybb_usergroups
WHERE gid = '4';

LIMIT 0 , 30

it's the same for every usergroup on my forum.
That's just the query, not the actual value the query is selecting.
(2010-04-15, 09:27 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That's just the query, not the actual value the query is selecting.

oops...that's my fault..everything is 2
[attachment=17918]
any ideas Matt?
If everything is 2 it wouldn't be showing 4 on the rep page Undecided Can you printscreen the setting you're changing?? Either you've got something different in your files or you're changing the wrong thing.
(2010-04-16, 10:19 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If everything is 2 it wouldn't be showing 4 on the rep page Undecided Can you printscreen the setting you're changing?? Either you've got something different in your files or you're changing the wrong thing.

yes sir......

first, I'll write out how I was changing the reputation points....

admincp>users & groups>groups>users & permissions>points to award/take away:
I'm doing this for the admin group since I'm an admin..
[attachment=17935]

with it being set to 1, I can give +4 and take -4
[attachment=17936]

I have it currently set to 2 because that seems to be the 1 to allow me to do +2/-2
Pages: 1 2 3