MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Themes for 1.4.12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After reviewing the various forums/bulletin boards available, I decided to go with MyBB because it seems to offer more and is very professional looking. I've already gone through the installation process and wanted to update with a different theme than the default. After reviewing all the ones available, I have imported 3 different ones only to find that they don't work correctly due to the different versions. I understand that the latest version just came out days ago. However, this is very frustrating since nothing seems to work correctly even with clicking on "Ignore Version Compatibility." Is there are list of MyBB themes that are current? Thanks.

Abby
It seems I've had a lot of looks on my last thread this morning with no answers. So, I guess I should ask, "Is there a plug-in I need to help with the themes so that they display correctly?" Or, should I delete this version of MyBB and install an older version for now just to be able to use the theme I want?
Checking 'Ignore version compatibility' should do the trick. Have you set the theme as your boards default by clicking the [Image: make_default.gif] icon in the ACP? Or at least switched it to your display theme in your User CP?
(2010-04-15, 02:36 PM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]Checking 'Ignore version compatibility' should do the trick. Have you set the theme as your boards default by clicking the [Image: make_default.gif] icon in the ACP? Or at least switched it to your display theme in your User CP?

Yes, I did this. As I noted in my first post, I DID check "Ignore version compatibility." It did NOT do the trick. As I stated, the colors and some things are there... but the header and formatting is not. Do you have any other ideas? Do I need a plug-in or something?
Are your cache themes folders writable? (Admin CP Tools should display warnings if it's not the case). If the themes CSS files can't be written that would explain formatting issues.
(2010-04-15, 02:50 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]Are your cache themes folders writable? (Admin CP Tools should display warnings if it's not the case). If the themes CSS files can't be written that would explain formatting issues.

I hope I'm looking in the right place. I went to the "System Health" under "CHMOD File & Directories" where "Themes Directory" is and it DOES say "writable." Any other clues?
I posted a couple of times this morning, and I believe I know what the problem is now. It's the images. I have one theme selected as default, and everything looks the same as the sample except pictures/graphics are missing. In the "Edit Stylesheets," I believe I have everything selected correctly.

NAME: (name of the theme which is "Underworld")

PARENT THEME: MyBB Master Style

TEMPLATE SET: (name of the template that goes with the theme "Underworld")

EDITOR STYLE: Office 2007

IMAGE DIRECTORY: images/Underworld_Theme/underworld_images

BOARD LOGO: (blank)

TABLE SPACING: 4 (already set that way)

INNER TABLE BORDER WIDTH: 1 (already set that way)

This is my forum which is actually closed right now and nothing has been added yet... as I'm just trying to get the theme set up: www.911BodyResQ.com/mybbforum .

I know the names of the file directories are correct, and the files are in the directories as I can see them. What can I do to turn these on?
This is what the page should look like: http://v7web.net/MyBB/forum.php
This is what the page should look like: http://v7web.net/MyBB/forum.php .
(2010-04-15, 05:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]If it's actually a 1.4 theme it should be fine. What themes are you using??

I agree. I'm using two themes developed for 1.4 and I just had to click on "Ignore Version Compatibility" and they work fine... I haven't had any problems.
I found that it's actually the images. I can't get all the images to work correctly. Have any ideas?
I was trying to get my host (Hostgator) to help me out here. They said that this was out of their scope as this particular theme has a "portal." Please excuse my illiteracy as all these terms and such are new to me. He said that the portal is a page other than the "forum" itself. I downloaded a theme from v7web (author) at www.custommybb.com. He/she has other themes listed on mybboard.net such as "infinity" and "make money." The front page (portal?) looks like the following: http://v7web.net/MyBB/ . However, my page looks like this: http://www.911bodyrescue.com/mybbforum/ ... which is not exactly the same. Obviously, it's an image issue. Can someone help me PLEASE!?!?!?!
I've merged your thread together, having three threads on one issue makes it really hard to see when your issue is actually solved.

Never install an older version, that's one of the worst things you could possibly do. You don't need a plugin to get themes working. What themes are you trying??
Pages: 1 2