MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [I] Style System Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok having had a chance to play around with the skinning system a few things make it alot harder to create a contrasting colour style. Most of these occur because there are not enough different classes. For example for links there is only one class. Which means if you have a dark body background colour and a light table background you colour you run into some problems. If you select white as the link colour they will display on the dark body background but not the table background and viceversa. So i was just wondering if there were any plans to add more classes to make MyBB alot more customisable and easier to make some really nice styles for.

Thanks.

I've spent parts of today (when not studying and fixing things up) designing a new theme system which should allow this sort of customisation and also reduce the number of columns in the themes table.
:o RC5/Gold is already in the making Smile Unless it will be released in a service pack??
Chris Boulton Wrote:I've spent parts of today (when not studying and fixing things up) designing a new theme system which should allow this sort of customisation and also reduce the number of columns in the themes table.
I look forward to it Smile
I've just finished implementing a prototype version of it on my local development boards. I must say, you can customise pretty much every little thing possible.

Link colours, fonts, font colours, font styles all adjustable per theme bit (trow1, trow2, thead, tcat etc).

I think its pretty damn awesome.. Hehe.. No previews as of yet though, want to fix some layout issues and clean some parts of it up.
Chris Boulton Wrote:I've just finished implementing a prototype version of it on my local development boards. I must say, you can customise pretty much every little thing possible.

Link colours, fonts, font colours, font styles all adjustable per theme bit (trow1, trow2, thead, tcat etc).

I think its pretty damn awesome.. Hehe.. No previews as of yet though, want to fix some layout issues and clean some parts of it up.
Now i'm looking forward to it even more. Nice work.
Will it be in RC5/Gold, in a service pack (with bug fixes, spelling etc), or in an extension pack (users download if they want the extra options)??
It won't be in a service pack release or anything like that. It will be included in the final version.