MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mail feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I've just recently installed the mybb forum software and it works great. I have been having some trouble though trying to get the mail feature to work. I have a domain that I bought from godaddy and a free email account that came with it. However, I'm not hosting anything on my site with godaddy, but I would like to use the email provided with my domain THROUGH godaddy as my automated forum mailer.

Right now I'm to the point where I believe that because of my hosting situation, the php mailer is not an option. Which brings me to the smtp mailer. I have searched and troubleshooted this feature for two days now and have not come up with any solution as to why the smtp mailer will not deliver emails. The error I continuously get in the ACP>System Email Log says this:

"The mail server does not understand the MAIL FROM command. Reason: 553 Sorry, your envelope sender is in my badmailfrom list. "

Please if anyone can help me resolve this issue, or if anyone who has experience using smtp with godaddy that may have run into some of the same trouble could post some helpful information I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.
A quick google of that error returns a few things: http://forums.devshed.com/mail-server-he...28310.html