MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme-Specific Language Files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think it would be a nice feature if one could generate his/her own language file for additional strings for a specific theme. This would allow for much better language support within themes. For example, if I want to use a phrase such as "Welcome back," I am forced to write it in English or include a new global lang file (assuming I can actually do that) if I wish to support multiple languages with my theme.

This would open many doors and make internationalization much easier to achieve imo.
Well the better option (hopefully they do it for 2.0) would be make the buttons CSS so text can be changed in the language files.
The buttons are already language specific. I'm not talking about the buttons, though. I'm talking about implementing any phrase which doesn't already exist in the language files.
Oh! While I agree if you put to much in the language files it makes it harder to make really unique themes. It may take a little more work to change it for every language but well you would have to add tons of tiny things to the language files to make it work so that theme developers keep their freedom.