MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Requested new password
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I guess I posted this in the wrong spot. I guess I should of put it Here My apologies.

Quote:You know you get two emails when resetting a password, yeah?? The first is a confirmation code, a lot of people think that's the actual new password. There's a link in the first email, you have to click that to confirm that you're resetting it, then you get another one with the new password. If that query doesn't work though then you must be doing something wrong somewhere as that's a pretty standard query.

I requested a new password for my forum. But when it came it was blank.

Quote:Your new password is:

You will need this password to login to the forums, once you login you should change it by going to your User Control Panel.

So I went to my forum and logged in with my username and left password area blank and I was able to log in, which is not good.

I just upgraded yesterday, ran the installer, so maybe there is something I missed?
There's an issue with random strings, and it breaks password resets. PM me the password you would like and I'll give you an SQL query to reset it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
If he was able to log in, the only thing he should have to do is upload the new inc/functions.php from the zip archive that was updated today - and change his password of course...
Oh, I misread the last sentence.
(2010-04-16, 11:15 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]If he was able to log in, the only thing he should have to do is upload the new inc/functions.php from the zip archive that was updated today - and change his password of course...

Thank you very much, that did the trick, I appreciate it. Big Grin