MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cannot login admin after 1st install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2010-05-17, 04:34 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-17, 12:36 AM)beth Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a thought. On my original site, I created a usergroup Super Administrator (GID 4), for myself and another person. There is an Administrator, but it looks like I set a lot of the permissions to No. Could this be part of the issue? And if so, is there a query to help with this one?
~Beth

Yes, the user you're trying to login with has to have full admin permissions...

Thanks, Matt. So now I have tried either myself as Super Admin or my Admin, changing both our passwords to test, and we still can't get past the log in page. What else could it be?
~Beth
You must be doing something wrong somewhere, upgrade script work fine for everybody else. PM me phpMyAdmin details.
Dunno what's going on here, I just upgraded a 1.4.9 to 1.4.13 forum on my localhost fine. Can you rename the install folder to installx or something, login with one of the admin accounts on both the forum and in the ACP, and then rename the installer folder back to install and try again?? It shouldn't ask for a login on the upgrader if you've already got a valid admin session.

You're probably not doing anything wrong, I should have chosen my words more carefully there.
I think I found a contributing problem. I needed to update the cookie path when I created the test forum (which has a different url). As such, it wasn't keeping me logged in to do the upgrade. I followed your instructions in this thread (editing the .inc/settings.php file and then in the General Configuration tab: http://community.mybb.com/thread-42123.html

The installer worked just fine then! Thanks for helping me.

I am very excited to finally have a test forum and it looks like my customizations were not impacted by the 1.4.13 upgrade. What is odd now is that it seems to be using the same SQL database as my original forum, even though I thought i created and installed a separate database from a back-up last night. But I see new members joining today reflected on both the live and the test forum. I'll have to think why this would be!
~Beth
Pages: 1 2