MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: redirect old phpbb links
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I submit a lot of my downloads to katz.cd therefor i can't change the links.
is there any way i could redirect all topics within a certain section to another one and be able to match up the topics?

sorry if this is confusing
If the IDs are identical, it can probably be done with .htaccess. If they are not identical, you need a table that stores an oldid => newid mapping and a php script that prints out a redirect header to the new location. So in the end it depends on how it was converted to MyBB.
you could redirect topic[0-9]+.html to your main page or your search page - it won't be what you really want but it would beat sending people to a 404 page
(2010-04-16, 02:35 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]you could redirect topic[0-9]+.html to your main page or your search page - it won't be what you really want but it would beat sending people to a 404 page

This is what I did when I converted from phpBB, all links to my old phpBB threads just hit the index page now. Undecided
The only solution is to set up a rewrite rule for each individual post. Somewhat annoying... but it will work.
(2010-04-17, 02:47 AM)ralgith Wrote: [ -> ]The only solution is to set up a rewrite rule for each individual post. Somewhat annoying... but it will work.

only 50 posts so should be too bad
At least its not 5000 some Big Grin
(2010-04-16, 02:35 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]you could redirect topic[0-9]+.html to your main page or your search page - it won't be what you really want but it would beat sending people to a 404 page

what exactly would this look like in .htaccess?
are the topic IDs different because of the MyBB Merge system?

I wrote my own conversion from my way outdated phpBB that maintained forum, post and thread IDs, so a single redirect was all that was needed to get old links to work.