MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBlog Plug-In ---> NEED HELP!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to use the MyBlog template by Nickman, but I'm having trouble. Other plug-ins I've used were so simple with great instructions. However, I'm not understanding what I'm doing incorrectly for this particular one. Everything seemed to have uploaded correctly, and I did click "Activate." However, I can't see anything when I go to my forum page... no "create" or "manage" buttons. So, how am I supposed to blog or have my members blog? Undecided

Following are all the files. Next to each, I've listed where I've located them on my forum files.

MyBlogs/Doc/bar.gif --> Images/AfreshFlame_Theme/create.gif

MyBlogs/Upload/Images/English/create.gif & manage.gif--> Images/AfreshFlame_Theme/create.gif & manage.gif

(Originally, I had these gif images in Images/AfreshFlame_Theme/English/create.gif. However, this didn't work either.)

Myblogs/Upload/Inc/Languages/English/blogs.lang.php --> Inc/Languages/English/blogs.lang.php

Myblogs/Upload/Inc/Plugins/myblogs.php --> Inc/Plugins/myblogs.php

Myblogs/Upload/blogrss.php & blogs.php --> {MAIN FORUMS DIRECTORY}

I did notice that Nickman made an update to this plug-in in February, so I'm assuming that it's okay to use with this latest version of myBB. Maybe some fresh eyes can tell me what I may be doing incorrectly. Maybe everything is correct and I need to turn on something??? Also, I noticed in the instructions that additions can be made to the "header" and "member profile" templates. Do I need to do this, and where can I find these templates? (Excuse me for my illiteracy on this matter.)
make sure the images inside the blog package are uploaded to your theme directory.
(2010-04-16, 09:54 PM)x-Treme Wrote: [ -> ]make sure the images inside the blog package are uploaded to your theme directory.

Thanks for your response. My images are in my theme directory which is the AfreshFlame_Theme as noted above. Do you have any other clues? Huh
Do the images not need to be in root/images/english/ i.e. not the theme folder?

(2010-04-16, 09:52 PM)all2himweo Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I noticed in the instructions that additions can be made to the "header" and "member profile" templates. Do I need to do this, and where can I find these templates? (Excuse me for my illiteracy on this matter.)

If you want a link to the blogs in your header and on members profiles then yeah you'll need to make those changes.

You can find those templates in

ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> *Your Theme* >> Header Templates >> header

and

ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> *Your Theme* >> Member Templates >> member_profile
(2010-04-17, 12:13 AM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]Do the images not need to be in root/images/english/ i.e. not the theme folder?

(2010-04-16, 09:52 PM)all2himweo Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I noticed in the instructions that additions can be made to the "header" and "member profile" templates. Do I need to do this, and where can I find these templates? (Excuse me for my illiteracy on this matter.)

If you want a link to the blogs in your header and on members profiles then yeah you'll need to make those changes.

You can find those templates in

ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> *Your Theme* >> Header Templates >> header

and

ACP >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> *Your Theme* >> Member Templates >> member_profile

Thank you, AJS! I will try this and see if my buttons show up. You're the best! Big Grin
Does anyone know where these two files go? Myblogs/Upload/blogrss.php & blogs.php. I have put them in the main upload directory under my forums directory as that is where it looks like they are supposed to go.

Also... regarding the header template, mine is different from the format given, so where do I put the optional edit. This is the only thing I can think of doing to get MyBlogs to show up... unless the two files mentioned in the previous paragraph are in the incorrect place. All other files are in the correct folders.
i have similar problem as well, after making a blog, its not visible on the list.