MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Free Programming Books!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are you interested in winning free programming books? Send me a PM with your email or post it here and I'll invite you. You don't have to pay for anything and you get to choose which books you want if you win. Drawings are held monthly.

(Note: if the email isn't coming check your spam folder)
0_o

What's the catch? People don't give things away unless they are getting something in return for it, for example advertising revenue or money from selling email addresses to spammers.

Any way, what are the odds of actually wining? How many people are there in this draw?
>What's the catch? People don't give things away unless they are getting something in return for it, for example advertising revenue or money from selling email addresses to spammers.

They have a whole ton of advertisers paying, you can advertise yourself if you want to.

>what are the odds of actually wining?

Depends completely on how many raffle tickets you have. You start with 1 and for every referral you get 3 (it has a slight delay on referrals). They randomly pick raffle tickets each month and the people that own them win a free book(s).

>How many people are there in this draw?
101 Raffle Tickets are chosen. You must login at least once a month to be eligible.

_____

There are over 1500 books to choose from which are sorted into categories.
Hmm.... I think I might just buy my programming books...
(2010-04-17, 12:33 PM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]0_o

What's the catch? People don't give things away unless they are getting something in return for it, for example advertising revenue or money from selling email addresses to spammers.

Any way, what are the odds of actually wining? How many people are there in this draw?

Not so true, I do LiteMyBB without a catch or a expectation of getting anything back.
Actually books, or ebooks? Made by?
Actual, physical, books made by various authors (A lot of O'Reilly books). If you want you can talk more indepth about it over MSN 41shots.

They also have quite a few non-programming related books but still computer related such as on operating systems.
Send me a pm, im interested
I think you misread, you need to send me a PM with your email since I need your email address to invite you.
So you're doing this to increase your ref score and have a higher chance of winning? If this is true it would have been nice to know in the first post that you are doing this to increase referrals.
A link to this site first would be nice I guess, there are people that would want to check the site out first before sending out there email addresses to random people.
Pages: 1 2