MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: get these errors after upgrade??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i get these errors when go to site now??After the upgrade ran
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/telitec/public_html/mybb/inc/settings.php on line 36

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/telitec/public_html/mybb/inc/settings.php on line 36
Did you overwrite settings.php when you uploaded the files? If so, you weren't supposed to. I believe your supposed to delete and let it automatically re-generate. You may want to wait until someone confirms that though.
(2010-04-19, 08:29 PM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]Did you overwrite settings.php when you uploaded the files? If so, you weren't supposed to. I believe your supposed to delete and let it automatically re-generate. You may want to wait until someone confirms that though.

I did delete the settings.php from install
(2010-04-19, 08:37 PM)Taz112768 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-19, 08:29 PM)RPicard Wrote: [ -> ]Did you overwrite settings.php when you uploaded the files? If so, you weren't supposed to. I believe your supposed to delete and let it automatically re-generate. You may want to wait until someone confirms that though.

I did delete the settings.php from install

Delete settings.php then open any page on your forum and the file will be regenerated. Does the problem persist?
Thank you that did it!!
(2010-04-19, 09:45 PM)Taz112768 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you that did it!!

No problem. I'm happy to help. Smile