MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: merge threads question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

I know how to merge threads, but I have a question about what I'm trying to do and not sure if it's possible or not.

a forum user recently started a new thread called 'movie reviews' and there are a bunch of scattered movie review threads in the forum which I'm trying to combine into 1 large thread..is it possible that the old threads I merge with the new threads will fall under the new posts? by default, the newest replies show up last, but I want the old posts to show up after the newly created thread and the reply or 2 it has gotten.
I don't really think that's possible. It merges them into one thread, the posts and threads table consider it as one thread, and they're sorted in the order they were posted in, so you'd have to somehow edit the actual timestamps so they order differently. It could probably be done but I wouldn't really recommend trying. Chances are it'd be hard to do it without doing it directly in the database.
I figured as much..was worth asking though.