MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't log in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read the cookie fixes about logging in problem but I can't log in to update the system for this. Every time I log in it goes back to Guest. What should I do?
Are you sure you read the whole post?

Quote:If your cookie settings are wrong, you probably won't be able to change them in the ACP as you may not be able to stay logged in. If this is the case, in order to change them, find a way to open and edit ./inc/settings.php and edit the new values into the file. Then, you MUST go to 'ACP > Configuration > General Configuration' and make the change here too. This is because although editing the file will make you able to log in, the settings aren't updated in the database, and when you next save any settings in the ACP, the old settings will come back.
You need to change the settings in inc/settings.php then change it in the ACP. If you did that and it still doesn't work, either you didn't enter the correct settings, or your browser isn't accepting cookies. To check if you have the right settings, use the generator which you can find in the cookie thread from memory