MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment Logic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think attachment is an area can be greatly improved:

(1) In addition to the forum-wise config, post author should be able to have some control over the attachment. Such as earn points (set the value of an attachment) etc.
(2) For the image or other playable attachments, the post author should be able to determine whether it should be displayed/auto-played or just for downloading like other kind of attachments. In other words, the post author should be able to decide whether the attachments are served as part of the post immediate content or not.
(3) Author attachment options should be viewed as detailed setting per attachment rather than overriding setting against forum-wide settings.

Anyway, forum level attachment logic is really not enough for all the attachment scenarios.
1. Points...?? Points for what?? We're not going to include a setting for if people include a points plugin, it should be covered by the plugin...

2. Not really sure what you mean there, can you elaborate??

3. Again, more info?? Not sure what you want. What settings do you want users to have??
(1)I know many forums using 'points' for resource trading internally just as a means of encouraging contributions.

(2)For tech/resource oriented forums, attach image is mainly for illustration along with the post text content. Using img url is not a reliable way of publishig. This kind of uploadings are different than share photo or multi-page docs. The latter is more suitable for regular attachment.

(3)Forum-wise setting like permitted upload file types, size, user group permissions; while author setting can be display/play the attachment or just show the download link, or determine the 'value' of the attachment (assuming the system implemented 'points' for forum wise resource trading)
1. But, mybb doesn't have a point system built in (I actually don't know of any forum system that does). Besides I'm pretty sure all the mybb point plugins support this already. So there is no reason to change anything.

2. You can already insert image attachments directly into the post so I don't know what your looking for here.

3. You can set max upload size and what in group settings. And, then you can set file type supports and their max file size somewhere else that I can't remember irhgtn ow.
(2010-04-23, 05:23 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]2. You can already insert image attachments directly into the post so I don't know what your looking for here.
what the difference between insert and not insert right now? If i set it display full size, then even not inserting, it still display the full size.
(2010-04-20, 07:36 PM)elim Wrote: [ -> ](1) In addition to the forum-wise config, post author should be able to have some control over the attachment. Such as earn points (set the value of an attachment) etc.

I think this is inferior to post reputation.
forum wise decision for whether display uploaded image in full size or not is also superior to post reputation?