MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PostgreSQL Forced As Db During Installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Help!

I'm trying to install and I want to use MySql, but the Requirements Check only shows PostgreSQL and in the database configuration, the dropdown only shows PostgreSQL. My site doesn't offer PostgreSQL, but it offers MySql and SQL Server.

How do I get the Requirements Check and Database Configuration to acknowledge MySql?

Thanks
I've never heard of mybb installer forcing you to use a specific db type
I think mybb is favouring the postgresql since it's just the same as mysql
More than likely it's not detecting MySQL. Is it running?
Swear that's what's happening. Very strange. It only shows PostgreSQL on the Requirements Check page and in the dropdown on the db configuration page. My web host doesn't even have PostgreSQL. They support SQL Server and MySQL.

I haven't changed any of the mybb files either.
(2010-04-20, 10:23 PM)Lee Merriman Wrote: [ -> ]More than likely it's not detecting MySQL. Is it running?

Hi, yeah, it's running. I'm able to create a db from inside the control panel of my host's site.
Who's your host?
(2010-04-20, 10:25 PM)Lee Merriman Wrote: [ -> ]Who's your host?

webhost4life.com
Heard about them and bad reviews
there are better hosts
Hmm, this is strange.. Are you using the latest version?
(2010-04-20, 10:29 PM)Lee Merriman Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, this is strange.. Are you using the latest version?

Yeah, the latest version downloaded today.

Going on Sajuuk's post, Sajuuk might have something there. I found out a little while ago that they migrated my account to a new platform. Of course they failed to notify me about it. Anyway, I dicovered now that half of my functionality is still on the old plaform and half on the new platform.

What other hosts would you guys recommend?
StartLogic.com, ServInt.net and globalgold.co.uk are extremely popular hosts
Pages: 1 2