MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Another reason not to buy the ipad.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
If the Norton Ink Adam comes to fruition I don't think the iPad will have much of a chance: http://gizmodo.com/5444232/notion-ink-ad...s-obsolete
(2010-04-21, 09:43 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion, Apple will probably release a 2nd Generation either this fall or next spring. It's how they work. Make a teaser product then bring in the big cahoona. Just look at the iPod touch

The 1st generation couldunt even run third party apps until the 2nd generation came out with 2.0 OS.

And they can't do printing because to print, you need drivers, something that would take up alot of space. The workaround to this is to put your printer on your network and print wirelessly by sending documents to your main comp.

Bad excuse imo. If you want to print something, you should be able to add a printer, then the iPad should download the driver for your printer (if supported) and you should be able to print.

Since when does one driver take a lot of space?
An iPad isn't a computer. Computers have way more space than an iPad or iPhone/iPod.
And, ipad is supposed to compete with netbooks and other tables. Both of which support printers...

Also it is a computer just like mp3 players, phones and other tables.
Quote:A computer is a machine that manipulates data according to a set of instructions
Like I said, it's not a computer.

I Imagine Gen2 will be better. Bonjour is the only way to accomplish this right now.
I edited my post and you don't consider a netbook a computer? So is a laptop a computer?
No I said an iPad isn't a computer. Laptops and Netbooks obviously are.
It is a computer though! Especially since it wants to compete with them.
It's a Giant iPod with iWork.
Again...
Quote:A computer is a machine that manipulates data according to a set of instructions

Computer a very general term and fits most modern technology like cell phones and ipods. And, I would consider the ipad a computer (in the sense of a desktop) as much as any other tablet.

It's just another point that apple fails to deliver on purpose because they know it's going to sell anyway. And, then they can make more when they sell the completed product. It's meant to compete with netbooks and other tablets. Both of which you said are computers...

So tell me how can it possibly compete with something it's not?

I consider the ipod touch very much a computer. You can install applications for different tasks and to complete them... Hmm, sounds like a computer to me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5