MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does anyone know...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Of anything that can block someone:
NOT logged in
Using multiple browsers (and/or cookies disabled)
Whether they are going through a proxy or not

To where they cannot even view a single page, just an error message
Does this person have a fixed IP when they are not using a proxy?

If yes, then you can block its IP and check also if your account is accessed by a proxy.

Wink
This person has two IPs when not using a proxy deliberately - the proxy their ISP sends them through (the visible IP) and an *actual* IP which is rarely seen or known about unless there is a need for a connection through an off-the-wall port.
Do you have a dedicated server or a shared account?

Do you want to block him only for your MyBB forum or everywhere?
Alright, I'll quit playing this game and just say it outright... I'm not wanting to do it perse, I'm wanting to find out *how* it's done. I ran into it and, while I really don't care about the particular site, I want to know what in the world it takes to do this...

and it was a mybb forum (there was nothing else on the site TO block)... gives out some stupid "sorry but you are banned" message for every page regardless of IP, browser, or anything else when I visit despite every trace I can think of that should be on my computer being deleted. So I'm sitting here wondering what in the world is going on and wanting to know if anyone can point me in the right direction to find out.
Sorry, but if you want to hack your way insite someone else site, i will not help. If you want to learn how to hack without beeing noticed i will not help either.

If you want to protect yourself against a bad person, then i will help you...

Wink
Block their IP (through firewall or how ever you want to do it, possibly a ranger if you really hate them) then get the labrocca's no proxy plugin Wink. Although it's not perfect it's about as close as you can get.

It's almost impossible to completely stop someone because there will always be public places like libraries or cyber cafe's.
With IP GeoLocation you can block a zone diameter of approximately 50 Kilometers. This can exclude all the surroudings of a hacker, unfortunately this could also exclude few good people...
Even so a really dedicated person would get a server and tunnel through that Toungue.
(2010-04-22, 03:42 AM)exdiogene Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, but if you want to hack your way insite someone else site, i will not help. If you want to learn how to hack without beeing noticed i will not help either.

Um... NEITHER. I'm not wanting to hack them, I never attempted to hack them, it has nothing at all whatsoever to do with hacking. They got ticked off because I gave them my thoughts and have blocked me apparently every way possible (including what I did not think WAS possible) and I'm simply wanting to learn how it works.
Pages: 1 2 3 4