MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why does...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why does no one ever seem to be able to answer questions I post?
Lol, gets kinda annoying when I'm trying to make a mod for the board and I can't even finish it because no one can answer my questions.
Because the people reading it don't have the answer?

At least they aren't saying "I won't help you" because they made some stupid assumption...
Lol, that's true.
But why would it have so many views in the "Plugins / Modifications - Discussion/Support" then?
That's what I mean.
Every time anyone loads it that counts as a view...including if they've already looked at it, if they auto-refresh (such as with a specific firefox plugin), if they reload it to see again if maybe they can help (or if they forgot what it was about), etc. So really...they don't mean a whole lot.
If your making a mod, post in development.
Try asking for support in the release threads of the plugins...
What I'm saying is, my threads always seem to have 0 replies, while all the others around have usually 5+, lol.
Either way your going to get a faster and better response in the release thread as that's where most others will look...

I honestly rarely go to the plugins discussion and support forum because little happens there. Support should be handled in the release thread. And, if your developing one it should be in the development forum.
Ok, but for example, take my questions on other mods where I've had errors.
I believe I still have 2-3 topics with 0 replies where I asked about a mod/plugin.
Because your not asking where the mod author made it (and most likely supports it) posted it. I would assume most knowledgeable members like myself rarely go to the forum your posting in. The best way to get a response on a specific plugin is to go the source.

And, you never know your questions may already be answered in those threads anyway.
Pages: 1 2